About the Goodbody Garden
The Stamford Garden Club looks after the beautiful garden enclosed within white Italianate balustrades with support from the City of Stamford. Take a walk under a shady stone-pillared pergola. Surround yourself with the sweet fragrance of peonies. Admire the beautiful urn in the sunken garden. Relax on a bench under falling magnolia blossoms. Watch the bees and butterflies flit from one purple-spiked flower to the next.
- Join lots of photographers and families who choose to take photographs here.
- Choose to have your wedding here? Go to Weddings/Events for guidance.
- Identify the flowers from pictures sorted by color: Find names of flowers
- Click on Stamford Garden Club to find out more about the club and how to join
- Go to Goodbody Family 1928-1970 to find out why its called the Goodbody Garden
- Check out our gallery of photos.
What and where is Fort Stamford?
- Go to Fort Stamford 1781-1783 to discover the Revolutionary War history of this park and to help you identify what can still be seen see today.